AltRider DualControl Brake System for the Ducati Multistrada
While the Ducati Multistrada is one of the more street-oriented bikes in the Adventure Motorcycle category, every rider can benefit from improved control over the rear brake. Fractions of a second can make all the difference when reacting to a hazard, especially for riders that switch between seated and standing riding positions. That’s why AltRider developed the DualControl Brake System.
Adventure riders face two challenges when it comes to the rear brake. The first is that most OEM rear brake pedals have a small footprint, often making it difficult to find and apply in reaction situations. Most ADV riders also substantially change foot position as they switch between seated and standing riding positions, and as riders are forced to react and respond these small delays in applying the brakes can lead to disaster.
AltRider’s patent-pending two-piece system is designed to enhance control of the rear brake and improve reaction time, regardless of riding position.
Riders who venture off the beaten path are constantly subjected changing terrain and endless adjustments on the bike. The enlarger plate is constructed of billet aluminum and is precision fitted to each bike model for long-term stability. Together with the pre-installed and replaceable grip pins, the enlarger offers riders a greater surface area and improved control over the rear brake.
When a rider is in the seated position, the angle of the bent knee tends to force the foot into a downward position. When a rider rises into a standing position, the straighter leg raises the foot into more of a horizontal position. With the OEM brake pedal alone, there is no way to maintain proper foot positioning when transitioning between sitting and standing. Together with the enlarger plate, the billet aluminum riser gives riders two levels at which to engage the rear brake, and ensures optimal foot position at all times.
- 25.4mm riser is constructed of billet aluminum
- Billet aluminum enlarger plate is precision fit to Multistrada
- Stainless steel bottom plate protects against off-road abrasions
- Optional and replaceable pins included for enhanced grip
- Installs easily with included stainless steel hardware
- Available in black or silver finish
- 100% designed and manufactured in the USA
- Compatible with 2010-current Ducati Multistrada
- Compatible with Multistrada 950
- Not compatible with Multistrada Enduro unless brake lever is replaced with non-enduro lever
- Patent pending design