AltRider Skid Plate for BMW F 800 GS /A
Adventurous routes are fun for you, but can pose a threat to your engine. Protect it in style from rocks, dirt and kicked up debris by installing the AltRider Skid Plate for the BMW F 800 GS /A.
Made of 3/16 inch (4.75 mm) anodized aluminum, the skid plate offers coverage to the oil filter, heat exchanger and header pipe. It closely conforms to the underside of your bike for protection that doesn’t sacrifice ground clearance.
This design incorporates four flanges into its shape, creating a robust piece that deflects dangerous debris from your bike. It attaches with OEM fasteners that are completely protected, eliminating the possibility of snags. A 3/16 inch (4.75 mm) stainless steel bracket is also included for mounting, and it maintains the BMW rubber mounts for ensured motor safety. The bracket extends the life of the rubber mounts by providing an extra cushion on bumpy rides, while also keeping the skid plate from twisting and shearing the mounts.
No matter where you ride, you can keep going without worry by installing the AltRider Skid Plate for the BMW F 800 GS /A.
- Available in Silver and Black
- Can remain installed while changing oil filter
- Extremely lightweight Aluminum Construction, no heavy steel
- Only design with radiused corners
- The original Corrugated design: Simple strong
- 6 mounting points to distribute impact
- Easy to install; even the front nut is welded in place for you
- Compatible with 2008-current F 800 GS
- Compatible with 2014-current F800 GS Adventure
- Compatible with OEM center stand
- Compatible with OEM crash bars
- Confirmed to fit with Givi crash bars
Note: This skid plate installs via use of OEM Vibration Isolation Mounts. Vibration Isolation Mounts are designed to fail before any damage is caused to the bike. These mounts allow for compression from impacts up to a certain load, at the maximum point of compression they will shear in order to save the motor from damage. It is always a good idea to have a few extra on hand, buy single or multiple spare vibration isolation mounts here.