AltRider Headlight Guard Kit for the BMW R 1200 & R 1250 GS /GSA
BMW’s R 1200 GS has played a significant part in making adventure motorcycles what they are today. Keep the setting sun from stopping your adventure with a headlight guard from AltRider.
A damaged headlight not only leaves you in the dark, it can mean between $800 and $1,800 in replacement costs from BMW depending on your headlight. Protect your GS's headlight with the AltRider Headlight Guard and avoid a costly mishap.
After a careful design process, the AltRider team developed a mesh pattern for the stainless steel headlight guard that deflects damaging debris. The deliberate design minimizes any loss of illumination from the headlight. The smart pattern also complements the sleek design of the R 1200 and R 1250 GS. The resilient face of the polycarbonate headlight guard is precision cut from impact-resistant polycarbonate – the same material used in bullet-proof windows. This polycarbonate is formulated with a hardened scratch resistant surface both front and rear.
The face attaches to the steel frame with a custom machined aluminum ball and rubber socket connection that provides a sturdy connection free of any vibration. These innovative fasteners make removal of the guards for cleaning a cinch – no tools required.
The frame of the headlight guard is anchored on all four corners of the headlight to provide a robust foundation to absorb impacts. All metal edges are laser-cut and grain finished. Unlike other available headlight guards, installation is simple and doesn’t require removal of the blinker stalks or any bodywork. All versions of the AltRider headlight guard utilize the same frame, and are completely interchangeable.
The frame and lenses are available in a powdercoat black finish – and are incredibly resistant to rust and weathering. The headlight guard will fit both the halogen and LED headlights.
- All AltRider motorcycle accessories are 100% designed and manufactured in the USA
- Steel mesh face deflects debris without blocking light
- Polycarbonate face resistant to impacts and specially treated to harden the surface against scratches
- Ball and socket connectors allow removal of face without any tools
- Steel frame provides strong foundation and is highly resistant to rust and weathering
- Available in powdercoat black finish
- Compatible with halogen and LED headlight
- Compatible with BMW Adaptive Headlight
- Compatible with R 1200 GS Adventure
- Compatible with R 1250 GS and GS Aventure
- Compatible with Rallye and Exclusive models
NOTE: Polycarbonate will react to certain chemicals and requires specific care to clean correctly and keep looking good for the long haul. Cleaning improperly can result in scratches, hazing, surface crazing and cracking. See our blog post on proper cleaning of our polycarbonate headlight guards.