AltRider Crash Bar System for Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin ADV Sports
Honda put the Africa Twin in the CRF category for a reason. Like the popular dirt bikes that share its nomenclature, this bike was made to not only handle the tough stuff, but also excel in it. The Honda CRF1000 was a game changer in the ADV market, and Honda has only improved on that platform with the new CRF1100. Protect your CRF1100 Africa Twin with a set of AltRider Crash Bars, and venture confidently into the unknown.
Why a 3-Part System?
We designed this system to be modular so that different types of riders could choose their level of protection. Some riders may be headed for a major off-road adventure, where the Full Crash Bar System will provide the most comprehensive solution. Others may not want the entire “roll-cage” type system, opting instead for just the Lower or Upper Bars. Some people may also choose to start with the Lower Crash Bars and add the other pieces over time. Whatever category you fall into, AltRider has a Crash Bar solution for you.
- Made from hand-TIG welded stainless steel tubing
- 3 piece system crash bar system allows for customization and offers maximum protection
- Available in black, red, silver or white
- Available with or without an AltRider Headlight Guard
- DCT filter removable with crash bars in place
- Lower Crash Bars
The 3-part system starts with the Lower Crash Bars. Knowing the engine cases are the most exposed in all tip-overs, we designed these for maximum strength so that these alone will provide substantial protection to the bike’s engine and vulnerable castings. The Lower Bars are constructed of 1.25 inch (31.75 mm) diameter stainless steel tube, which is twice as strong as 1 inch (25.4 mm) diameter steel tube while only adding 10% of the weight. This allows for a compact design that will function under impact while not interfering with the rider.
Upper Crash Bars
The 1 inch (25.4 mm) diameter stainless steel Upper Crash Bars add another dimension of protection, providing coverage to the bike’s radiator and plastics. Upper Bars are more important on the tall and skinny Africa Twin than on many other bikes, as a simple tip over could result in substantial damage to these pieces.
The 1 inch (25.4 mm) diameter stainless steel Reinforcement Bar ties the Lower and Upper Bars together, increasing the strength of the overall system. This design allows for even large impacts to be distributed throughout the entire system, minimizing damage to the bike’s engine, frame and other vital components.
- Compatible with both DCT and manual transmission models
- Compatible with the OEM center stand
- Lower Crash Bars not compatible with optional DCT foot shifter
- Not compatible with Honda Light Bar
- Not Compatible with Honda Adventure Sports skid plate
- Lower bars may not be compatible with some aftermarket headers due to their relocation of the oxygen sensor